Reading Group Guide
1. For most of her marriage to Walter Price, Sarah was subjected to a barrage of verbal abuse from him and from his parents. Have you ever been in a situation like that? How did you handle it? Is verbal abuse just as demeaning in its way as physical abuse?
2. Dealing with in-laws can sometimes be difficult. What is your relationship like with your in-laws? If the road has been rocky, has your spouse taken your side?
3. Self-esteem is a huge issue for Sarah. Have you ever struggled with self-doubts? Were they in a particular area, like work or relationships? Or were they general, affecting all areas of our life? How did you work this out? Did your friends play a role in making you see yourself in a new light?
4. Travis is the kind of man for whom pretty words come easily. Because of that and her own issues, Sarah has a great deal of difficulty taking him seriously. Have you ever crossed paths with a flirtatious man and wondered if you dared to trust his sweet talk? What did it take to convince you he meant what he said?
5. Travis’s father is marrying a much younger woman and cheating on her only weeks before the wedding. Do you think his marriage to Trina stands even a tiny chance of succeeding? How do you feel about older men marrying younger women? Or older women marrying younger men?
6. Ultimately, Sarah has to take a leap of faith, because there are no guarantees about the future. Have you ever felt you were taking a leap of faith? About what? How did it work out?
Sweet Tea at Sunrise
- Publication Date: April 27, 2010
- Mass Market Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Mira
- ISBN-10: 0778328457
- ISBN-13: 9780778328452