Reading Group Guide
1. Where does the “want to” to live holy come from? Where else do we look to inspire a desire to live right? How are those ways different from God’s way?
2. Do you think it’s relatively easy to start thinking that a life of holiness is just for your pastor or the leaders of the church? If so, why? What are some practical things we can do to make sure we’re living on the right side of that comparison? How can we purse-severe?
3. Do you ever find yourself feeling like you’re not accomplishing anything spiritually? Do you think setting reachable goals can change a person’s pursuit of holiness? If you haven’t set any goals do you think mapping them out would make a difference for you?
4. How would you compare and contrast our failures in living a life of holiness with the mercy of God? How should this mercy affect our pursuit?
5. Have you thought about how thoroughly the Father knows you? And how thoroughly He loves you? How does knowing those two things inspire you to live a holy life?
6. What does it mean to thirst truly for the Lord? Do you thirst on a regular basis? List some things that could keep us from thirsting for him. How do “living thirsty” and “living holy” compare and connect?
7. How does our own passion for holiness influence our families and friends? Can you think of someone who has been a positive influence on you? Do you think you might be a positive influence on someone else?
8. Have you ever seen people who seem to love God with their hearts and souls, but not with their minds? How does that compare with the lives of those who love the Lord with everything they’ve got?
9. Have you ever spent time contemplating the indescribable power of our God? When we ponder his power, what effect doe you think that has on our trust in his ability to empower us to live holy?
10. Describe the life of a person who is taking control and deciding to live a holy life on her own. How does this differ from a Holy Spirit-controlled life?
11. How do you think trials and difficulties affect our pursuit of holiness? What kind of effect should they have? Why do you think there is such joy in a righteous and holy walk, even when circumstances are difficult?
12. Describe the connection between our salvation and our holiness. Where do we get a righteous standing before God? How does that influence our holy pursuit?
The Purse-uit of Holiness: Learning to Imitate the Master Designer
- Publication Date: September 1, 2008
- Genres: Christian
- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Revell
- ISBN-10: 0800732537
- ISBN-13: 9780800732530