Reading Group Guide
1. In this story, a famous movie star comes to stay at the Rossi home. What did you think about their welcoming response to him? Would you do the same if a famous and handsome star showed up at your doorstep?
2. One of the lessons that Bella learns is that some people who look like they have it all are really empty on the inside. What can we do, as believers, to help these people find the real answers they’re seeking?
3. Bella comes from a large, quirky family where food plays a huge role in their lives. Do any particular foods come to mind when you think of your family members? How do they play into your family dynamics?
4. Bella is planning a Renaissance-themed wedding and discovers the word renaissance means rebirth. She realizes the Lord is trying to teach her something. Have you ever been through a renaissance in your own life?
5. Bella and D.J.’s relationship is tested when Brock Benson shows up. Have you ever been through a testing season in a relationship (either a friendship or a romance)?
6. As this story progresses, Bella grows closer to the three “sequined sisters” from Splendora. Can you think of a time when the Lord brought new friends into your life who were radically different from you? What was the result?
7. A misunderstanding with a police officer lands Bella in a place she never expected. Has a misunderstanding ever interrupted your world in such a radical way?
8. Bubba steps out of his comfort zone by taking on a major role in The Marriage of Figaro. Think of a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone. How did the Lord use that experience to grow you into the person you now are?
9. Aunt Rosa and Uncle Laz have secretly loved each other for years. Have you ever carried a big secret for years? What happened when you finally revealed it?
10. Near the end of this story, a terrible storm hits at the most inopportune time. Have you ever been through a big storm (literal or spiritual) that caught you off guard? If so, how did you make it through?