Reading Group Guide
1. What does a sunrise represent to you? Tell about a time when you got up early enough to watch a sunrise.
2. What area in your life could use a new beginning? What steps would you need to take to get that new beginning started?
3. Describe Katy’s new approach to the press. What was at the root of her ideas?
4. What did Dayne think about opening their lives to the public? As their wedding neared, what were Dayne’s fears about being publicly open with their lives?
5. Many Hollywood couples have fallen victim to the tabloids and wound up divorced. What advice would you give Katy and Dayne as they begin their married life in a very public way?
6. What do you think causes real Hollywood marriages to receive so much scrutiny? What ultimately breaks up these marriages?
7. What concerns does Katy have about Christian Kids Theater? Have you ever been part of something good, something of God, and then watched it fall apart or close down? Describe that situation.
8. Can you understand Rhonda’s feelings of discontent around Katy --- especially in Katy’s time of happiness? Explain how Rhonda is feeling.
9. Have you ever been jealous of a friend who seems to have everything all together? What typically comes of this jealousy?
10. What did you learn about Dayne through his playacting on the stage with Katy?
11. In what ways do you try to incorporate laughter and fun into your relationships --- especially your relationship with your spouse?
12. Have you planned a wedding --- yours or someone else’s? What things are crucial to making the day come off the way you hoped?
13. Katy will need to make sacrifices in order to live alongside Dayne in his very public life. What are a few of those sacrifices?
14. What are sacrifices you’ve made on behalf of your spouse? How were those sacrifices received by the person you love?
15. After reading Sunrise, you know that Katy has been offered a leading role in Dayne’s upcoming movie. In your opinion, what problems could come from this?