Reading Group Guide
1. What is the significance of “home” in this novel? Does Camden’s idea of “home” change at all during the book? What is your idea of “home”?
2. Family history can often be surprising. Have you ever researched your own family history? If so, what did you find?
3. How do you think Camden would have described herself before her job took a turn for the worse? And after? Did she change at all during the story?
4. Her grandmother was the only real family Camden had. And yet even that relationship dwindled over time. Why? What things take priority in our lives? Do you ever wish your priorities were different?
5. Memories of her past haunt Camden and color how she sees family and faith. How do our life experiences influence our futures?