Reading Group Guide
1. When someone close to you dies, what do you learn about grief?
2. Have you ever experienced the loss of a loved one? How did you grieve? How did your family and friends help you? What could they have done to ease your pain?
3. How do you feel about organ transplants? Are you an organ donor?
4. Jenna has built her life to entirely revolve around Heather before the transplant. Is that in her or Heather’s best interest? How can a mother love and care for a chronically sick child without losing herself in the process?
5. How does grieving for the death of a young person differ from grieving for an older person?
6. Trauma and death can either drive us toward God or away from Him. How does your faith help you in times of trouble?
7. Jenna has to make a sudden adjustment to having her daughter grow up and leave the nest when Heather is blessed with a new life. Have you experienced letting a grown child become independent? How were your feelings similar and different from Jenna’s?
8. Sometimes people of faith don’t know what to say or what to do to comfort those who have lost a loved one. How does your faith help you help those who are grieving?
9. For Nora, One Perfect Day ended in tragedy. For Jenna One Perfect Day ended in hope. How can that be? How can God’s plan hold heartbreak for one family and hope for another?
10. Do you think Nora and Jenna should have met in person? How do you think such a meeting would have affected each woman?
One Perfect Day
- Publication Date: October 22, 2008
- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: FaithWords
- ISBN-10: 0446582107
- ISBN-13: 9780446582100