Reading Group Guide
1. Walter Anderson attributes his drive and eventual career success to his mastery over his childhood difficulties. Is there a correlation between ambition and overcoming hardship?
2. Walter confronts his mother about a secret she has kept for so many years. Are children entitled to know their parents' pasts?
3. Walter finds out that he is the biological son of a Jew. What are Walter's responsibilities to the faith of his father?
4. Walter lived with the secret of his parentage for years. How does living with a secret affect intimate relationships?
Meant to Be
- Publication Date: September 7, 2004
- Genres: Nonfiction
- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Harper Paperbacks
- ISBN-10: 0060099070
- ISBN-13: 9780060099077