Reading Group Guide
1. Why does Scott Zaleski's infidelity imperil Gina Foxton's job at Fresh Start? Based on his behavior, how genuine is Scott's remorse for his actions?
2. How does the strong sibling bond between Gina and Lisa relate to their feelings for their domineering mother, Birdelle?
3. How does D'John accidental sabotage of Gina's hair enable her to embrace a new self-image? How would you react in a similar scenario?
4. Of the many recipes and dishes described in Deep Dish, which was your favorite and why?
5. What individual roles do Iris and Inez play in manipulating the winner of the Food Fight contest?
6. As an important (if non-verbal) character in Deep Dish, Moonpie plays an important role. What is it?
7. How do the frustrations of filming a reality TV show on a remote island contribute to bringing Gina and Tate together romantically?
8. How does the author's use of humor and satire in the novel impact your appreciation of the plot of Deep Dish?
9. To what extent does Gina's inability to commit to Tate seem grounded in her own insecurities?
10. What does Tate's willingness to wait for Gina to come around and recognize his love for her and her own feelings for him reveal about his character?
- Publication Date: February 24, 2009
- Genres: Fiction
- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: Harper Paperbacks
- ISBN-10: 0060837373
- ISBN-13: 9780060837372