Reading Group Guide
1. Claire has worked hard to forgive her ex-husband for his adultery. But clearly she still struggles. Do you have an issue in your life for which you feel you must continually repent? By faith, can you trust that God is delivering you from this, even though your feelings don't always back it up?
2. Claire struggles with the various input on how she should punish Ari, which has disasterous consequences. Has there ever been a time when you've taken someone else's advice against what you knew in your heart to be true?
3. Claire battles insecurity. Do you? How do you push through those times and forge ahead to do what you feel like God has told you to do, regardless of your feelings or your fear?
4. At first, Claire has misgivings about Shawn being coached by an atheist. Why do you think she changes her mind? If you have children, do you feel it's your job as a parent to guard your child from someone who might influence them in a negative way? How did Claire balance the need to protect Shawn with the knowledge that his faith would grow by being challenged?
5. Claire has decided that it may be time for her to end her relationship with her agent. Her mom talks to her about "seasons." Have you ever had a season that you knew was over, yet you clung to it, refusing to move forward? Is there a way to prepare yourself to face change?
6. Claire breaks it off with Greg because she "knows" she can't be a pastor's wife. Is there something that's holding you back from living your dream? Some failing or inadequacy you see in yourself? Do you truly believe God covers our inadequacies with his grace?
Claire Knows Best
- Publication Date: June 15, 2006
- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: FaithWords
- ISBN-10: 0446696064
- ISBN-13: 9780446696067