Reading Group Guide
1. Terra has been living footloose and so-called fancy free. What are the advantages of a lifestyle like that? The disadvantages?
2. Terra carried a burden of guilt that took time for her to acknowledge. Why do you think she hid it? What were some of the things she felt guilty about? What are some of the things she should have felt guilty about?
3. Father Sam spoke of confession being a bridge to God. Do you agree? Why?
4. Many women are caught in situations that are destructive and abusive. How do you think this happens?
5. Terra originally only planned to stay with her sister, Leslie, for a short while. Why do you think she wanted to keep moving? What made her want to stay?
6. Why do you think the story-line of Leslie and Terra's mother wasn't resolved? How do you see that playing out? What are some possibilities for this situation that are realistic?
7. Terra befriended a young woman who was struggling. Could you identify with Terra's point of view of the situation? Have you ever made a wrong call on a situation based on your own experiences? if so, how did you resolve it?
8. Why do you think Terra assumed God would not forgive what she had done?
9. In this second book a recurring character Tabitha, shows up again making yet another set of mistakes. Why does it take some people a couple of times to learn a lesson? How do you think this was mirrored in Terra's life?
10. There are a couple of themes running through this book. What do you think one of them is?